Neptune Systems ApexEL
Having a great aquarium just got easier.... and more affordable!
Introducing the new Neptune Systems Apex-EL, the "Entry Level" Apex.
Maintain your aquarium with ease. The Apex-EL monitors key parameters like temperature, pH, and the status of your connected equipment. Proper monitoring helps reduce the risk of losing your aquatic pets from parameter swings or failed equipment.
At a lower cost than its big brother, the Apex, the Apex-EL shares almost all the features of the flagship Apex, with the exception that it does not have built-in ORP, salinity monitoring, or 0-10V ports.
The Apex-EL is expandable with modules and probes, if desired in the future.
The Apex-EL connects to your network via wire, or, the built in 802.11g/n Wi-Fi.
Set up tasks and to-do reminders help guide you through configuring everything from temperature control, trouble alerts to your mobile device, and many other common aquarium tasks. With the ApexEL, an aquarium controller no longer requires an advanced degree — you are up and running in 5 EASY STEPS:
- Mount it to the wall or inside your cabinet
- Plug in the probes and your equipment
- Connect it to your home network via wi-fi or cable
- Run the new Configuration Wizards
- Get the basics of monitoring and control for your entire tank set up, in less than 15 minutes, with no programming!
Self Contained Monitoring
Every Apex-EL has a built-in, completely functional, web server - even when the internet is down. Your tank will continue to operate without interruption and can still be controlled from a mobile device.
Energy Bar 832 - The ultimate control hub
This eight 120V AC outlet Energy Bar includes an internal 100W 24VDC power supply which feeds three built-in 1LINK ports and two 24VDC accessory ports. Each outlet has independent power monitoring with individual LED indicators that tell you when that outlet is energized. If the device exceeds the current capability for that individual outlet, the LED will blink rapidly.
**Note - The EnergyBar 832 is for use in North America (USA, Canada, and parts of Mexico) and other locales where the electrical service grid provides 120VAC 60Hz power. In other regions which use 230VAC 50Hz power, ApexEL systems are bundled with an EnergyBar 6 equipped with 6 outlets specific to that region (UK,, AU, Universal, or Schuko). EnergyBar 6 models do not include the EB832’s per-outlet power monitoring, 1LINK or DC24 ports, or per-outlet indicator LEDs.
Super Easy Mounting
Both the Apex-EL and the Energy Bar 832 have an innovative attachment system, making them easy to mount and access all connections. A hinged mount allows the controller to be flipped up to make your connections, and flipped back down, tucking them away therefore making it difficult for water to enter via a cable.
- Lower cost version of its big-brother Apex
- Prevents catastrophes by monitoring temperature and pH in your aquarium, taking corrective actions for you.
- Alerts you via your smart phone when things go off track.
- Monitors your equipment – ensuring it is operating correctly at all times – and lets you know when it’s not.
- iPhone, iPad, or Android app controlled.
- Works on PC or Mac using any common web browser.
- Tracks your manual test results, maintenance, livestock purchases, and tank observations
- Helps you correlate issues in your aquarium to the things that are happening inside.
- Manages the full operation of equipment (lights, pumps, filters, ATO, etc.) on your tank with simple setup “Tasks” and an easy to use app.
- Takes the place of many costly and cumbersome discrete components such as light timers, heater controllers, pump controllers, etc.
- Expandable – Add more monitoring and control features as well as specialized Apex-ecosystem hardware as your needs require.
- Gives you the peace of mind to know how your aquarium is doing, instantly, from anywhere in the world.
- pH and temperature monitoring probes
- Calibration fluids
- Energy Bar 832
- 1Link and DC24 connections
- 2nd Gen CPU
- Built-in 802.11g/n Wi-Fi
- 13 x power connections for aquarium equipment
- 8 x 120V AC outlets
- 3 x 1Link 24V DC Smart outlets for WAV, DOS, etc.
- 2 x Switchable 24V DC outlets for accessories like small pumps, solenoids, fans, etc.
- Max current = 15A
- Current per outlet = 7A
- Per outlet power monitoring
- Apex Fusion and other Apex modules and probes
- Trident monitoring system
- COR and WAV pumps