Trigger Systems Sapphire Sump - CR44
The CR44 is an extension of the SAPPHIRE series. This model only comes in one size with a slight variation of color compared to the SAPPHIRE series. There are also a few additional features that were added to help make this one special. Some of the features of the CR44 are:
- Interchangeable plates (Patent Pending)
- Configurable input fitting plate (Patent Pending)
- Two additional adjustable input fittings (one 1″ and one 1.5″) that can be placed in the skimmer section or return section
- Fully enclosed Polycarbonate lid to prevent splashing and reduce noise
- Adjustable water level
- Self adjusting foam block platform (Patent Pending)
- Cable/Hose organizers
- Dual acrylic platforms
- Laser engraved water level indicator
- Four position countersunk probe holder
- Quick connect 1/4″ hose input fittings for dosing and ATO inputs
- Protein skimmer section
- Refugium section
- Sapphire blue and Aquamarine blue coloring, solid white bottom to block light and prevent unwanted algae growth in other sections
The CR44 has 4 main sections. Water enters the sump into a dedicated section where the water will then flow over into Section 1.
Section 1 is the configurable interchangeable plate area allowing for filter sock and/or foam block mechanical filtration. This area is covered with a solid polycarbonate lid to prevent water splashing and reduce noise. There is a finger notch in front of the lid to assist with removing it. Water then flows out the bottom of Section 1 into Section 2.
Section 2 is typically where the protein skimmer is located. Water then flows through the ‘Trigger Symbol’ cutout into Section 3.
Section 3 is the refugium section. The water then flows over the adjustable water level baffle through 2 perforated platforms and under the last baffle into Section 3. The top perforated platform comes with a foam block filter and the bottom one is open to use for several different filtration methods (bag of carbon, bio balls, bio media, rubble rock, etc.).
Section 4 is the return section where the return pump will sit, pumping water back to the display tank.