Hanna Checker Saltwater Aquarium Calcium Colorimeter HI758
The HI758U Checker® HC (Handheld Colorimeter) provides a simple, accurate and cost-effective way to measure calcium. Required for the development of calcium carbonate skeletons of coral reefs, calcium is a crucial component of marine waters. Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI758U provides quick, accurate results in a few easy steps.
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Small size, big convenience
- Ideal for: Aquaculture, Water Quality, Environmental, Education
The HI758U Marine Calcium Checker HC® uses a 100 to 1 dilution for analysis and thus requires deionized or distilled water absent of calcium to function correctly. Calcium can be found in many freshwater sources and this any amount present in the water used at the C1 phase can cause false high readings. In addition, many hobby grade reverse osmosis deionized water systems may not adequately remove calcium. This can vary based on the types of filters used, their effectiveness and frequency of replacement. We recommend using deionized water with low conductivity or pure vapor distilled water commonly found in most pharmacies.
Never use tap water to clean your cuvettes. This is especially important for the HI758U Marine Calcium Checker as calcium is commonly present in tap water and residual amounts present in the cuvette will elevate results produced by the Checker. Our HI98703-50 Cuvette Cleaning Solution ensures the glass cuvette used for colorimetric measurements remains clean and free from imperfections.
- Range: 200 to 600 ppm
- Resolution: 1 ppm
- Accuracy @ 25°C/77°F: ±6% of reading
- Light Source: LED @ 610 nm
- Light Detector: silicon photocell
- Method: adaptation of the Zincon method
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Battery Type: (1) 1.5V AAA
- Auto-off: after ten minutes of non-use
- Dimensions: 81.5mm x 61mm x 37.5mm (3.2" x 2.4" x 1.5”)
- Weight: 64 g (2.25 oz.)
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty