Seachem Tidal 35 Power Filter
Tidal™ Power Filters are designed from the ground up to provide your aquarium with high-quality, comprehensive filtration. They are easy to use and adaptable to a variety of aquarium conditions. With a host of features including a self-priming pump, dual water intake with surface skimmer, adjustable flow, maintenance monitor, self-cleaning impeller, and a filter basket that holds any kind of filtration media - and more of it - Tidal™ Power Filters are designed to deliver the highest water quality possible with maximum versatility and ease of use. They are suited to a wide variety of aquarium setups from saltwater to freshwater, ranging in size from 55 gallons to 110 gallons. All Tidal™ Filters have a 3 year warranty that can be extended to 5 years by registering your filter.
- Lid turns into a tray for the media basket when doing maintenance
- Maintenance monitor alerts you when to clean filter
- The large capacity design of the filter basket allows for any type of Seachem filter media, which can be interchanged and placed in custom configurations. All Tidal™ Filters come with Seachem's Matrix™ bio-media and a foam filter to get you started.
- Adjustable leveling device
- Adjustable intake flow
- Self-priming pump & self-cleaning impeller
- Optional heater holder
- The surface skimmer will capture the water from just below the surface, where excreted fish oils accumulate, and deeper in the tank removing floating debris.
- Fully adjustable flow regulation adjusts performance to a specific aquarium volume, type, or provide an environment for fish which prefer more or less water movement or oxygenation.
- Ventilation slots in the lid of the filter and aeration grooves in the outflow ensure that water returned to the tank is fully oxygenated and maximize gas exchange during filtration.
- The pump pushes water up into the basket of the filter, entering through the bottom of the basket and being pushed out the top. A bottom-to-top flow ensures that water comes into contact will all filter media, and cannot go around or over filter media as with hang on back filters with a back-to-front flow.
- The pump is also insulated and silent, making it excellent for office or dining room aquariums, and has extremely low power consumption for the amount of output – the large Tidal 110 filter uses only 12 watts.
- Over time, filtration media can become clogged with detritus and prevent water from flowing through. When this happens in the Tidal Filter, water is redirected around the filter and back into the aquarium through an outlet to the side. When this happens, the redirected water pushes up the blue maintenance monitor on the top of the filter, letting the aquarium keeper know that the filter media needs to be cleaned out.
- The basket is designed with raised slots which catch detritus rather than allowing it to fall through back into the filter when flow is stopped.
- A heater can be attached to the side with an optional heater clip, allowing for better dispersal of heated water through the aquarium.
- The adjustable telescoping intake allows water to be taken from any level of the tank without the need to stop the filter or bother with spare parts.
- Dual Water Intake. The surface skimmer will capture the water from just below the surface, where excreted fish oils accumulate, and deeper in the tank removing floating debris. A dial on the side of the filter adjusts how much flow comes from the underwater intake versus the surface skimmer.
- The flow on the pump is adjustable using the dial on the front, from the powerful full flow rate of 450 gallons per hour on the Tidal 110 down to a gentle 90 gallons per hour on the same filter. Water recirculates within the filter, so turning the flow rate down will not wear the pump down or cause problems within the filter.
- The filter basket has a huge capacity to hold filtration media of your choice in the configuration of your choice (No cartridges)
- A leveler on the base of the filter lets the filter adjust to a variety of aquarium styles.
Easy to Use
- Self-priming pump means there is no need to fill the filter basket with water, start a siphon, monitor the filter, or any of the other headaches of starting a new filter. This also means that filter will restart itself with no trouble after a power outage or after maintenance.
- The self-cleaning, non-corrosive impeller suited for both saltwater and freshwater environments. This cuts down on maintenance and makes the filter suitable for a wide range of environments.
- The basket is fully removable and snaps into the lid of the filter for easy and drip-free transit to a sink or hose for cleaning
- The filter basket has a huge capacity to hold filtration media of your choice in the configuration of your choice (No cartridges). All Tidal™ Filters come with Seachem's Matrix™ bio-media to get you started.