Tunze Care Magnet Algae Cleaner Long w/Booster Floaters 0220.015
Care Magnet — Care for your aquarium
The Care Magnet concept was the signature innovation of 2014 in the field of window pane cleaner design, which is comprised of an ergonomic handle and special plastic blades made of wear-resistant high performance plastic. The patented Care Magnet product line was now expanded by two new models.
This glass pane cleaner avoids scratches on internal aquarium glass panes, and can therefor even be used on acrylic glass panes with the small plastic blade.
The inner magnet is more than 3 mm (.2 in.) away from the aquarium and thus prevents the jamming of the aquarium sand. The two plastic blades remove the algae considerably better from the glass panes than a flat cleaning surface - almost as good as a sharp metal blade. The life of a blade is from several months up to approx. one year. The low flow resistance during the cleaning with a simultaneous high magnetic coupling, makes a separation of the magnet nearly impossible.
The large blade should only be modified with the included stainless steel blade for aquarium glass panes with particularly tough algae, e.g. older deposits on the side walls or thick calcareous algae.
The patented principle, which uses plastic blades with a different length, creates a varying application pressure, enabling the narrow blade to remove even tightly attached algae. With the wide blade, it is possible to perform a large-scale algae removal.
- Thanks to its slim design, the plants and the corals will not be disturbed.
- The Care Magnet can also be used on round aquarium panes or round-arched panes.
- Plastic blades with round edges enable a smooth transition to the next pane at the aquarium edges without damaging the silicone joints.
- It doesn't distribute the algae within the aquarium as a green dust; it rather roles them up completely, and through this turns the algae film into actual food for the fish.
- It can also be used as a hand scraper.